Egg Crowns Unusual Appetizer
This is a welcome addition to a buffet or appetizer tray.
Can be made ahead.
**The photo is from Bing - next time I make these I'll try to remember to take an actual photo!
- hard-cooked eggs, sliced in 5 - 6 pieces
- 30 small
- rounds of buttered bread
- 1 pkg
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- prepared mustard
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 jar(s)
- pimento strips, drained (2 oz)
How to Make Egg Crowns Unusual Appetizer
- 1Remove yolks from hard-cooked eggs; place yolks and rounded egg ends in a small sieve placed over a bowl.
Put one sliced egg white ring on each bread round.
- 2Sieve yolks and egg ends into bowl. Mix sieved eggs, cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and vinegar. Beat til smooth.
- 3With pastry bag (or sandwich bag with corner snipped off, or with spoon) fill each white ring with yolk mixture. Garnish with pimento strip and watercress.
- 4*It helps in picking up each egg slice if you put a paper cupcake wrapper (holder? - what are those things called?) under each canape.