Coca Cola Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Dates
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup coca cola
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp granulated garlic
- 16 large dates
- 8 tsp cream cheese, divided
- 16 raw almonds, roasted or smoked
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
How to Make Coca Cola Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Dates
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut bacon slices in half and cook in medium skillet over medium heat 1 minute on each side. Drain on paper towel and set aside. (Bacon should be soft.)
Add vinegar, Coca Cola, mustard and garlic to skillet. Cook on medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until it becomes a thickened glaze.
While glaze is cooking, slice one side of each date lengthwise and remove pit. Fill each date with 1/2 tsp cream cheese and 1 almond, then pinch date closed.
- 2Wrap each stuffed date with 1/2 sliced bacon and secure with wooden toothpicks. Remove glaze from heat and stir in salt, pepper and butter. In nonstick rimmed baking sheet, drizzle 1 Tbls sauce and place 4 dates side by side in each.
Evenly drizzle remaining sauce over tops and bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Serve.