☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 sticksalted butter
1(16 oz) boxdomino light brown sugar
1 5 (0z) ozevaporated milk
1 tspvanilla extract
3/4 cdomino confectioners sugar, measure after sifting sifting
How to Make Brown Sugar fudge
- Line an 8x8 square pan with parchment paper, overlapping the sides of the pan slightly. Lightly butter parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place nuts into a saucepan in a single layer. Over low heat, toast for 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Over low heat, in a heavy bottomed pan, melt butter. Add brown sugar and evaporated milk. Stir continuously until mixture boils and reaches the soft ball stage (240 degrees on a candy thermometer). Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and confectioner's sugar. Mix with electric mixer on low until vanilla and sugar are incorporated and mixture begins to have a full finish, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the toasted nuts.
- Pour fudge mixture into prepared pan. Cool in refrigerator 30 minutes or until solid. Remove from pan by lifting out the parchment paper. Cut fudge into desired shapes using cookie cutters. Store in a airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Yield: 28 ( 1 - 1/2 - inch)