Bacon wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
For Mild- Use mild pork sausage and scrape the peppers clean of seeds and membranes.
For Hot and Spicy- Scrap the seeds out but leave the membranes and use Hot Or Medium Pork sausage (Per level of desired heat).
I hate hot stuff and even I can eat the mild version!!! Excellent finger food for a party or holiday get togethers!Enjoy!!!
- 2 lb
- jalapenos, fresh
- 1 pkg
- bulk pork sausage, uncooked
- 16 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 16 oz
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 pkg
- bacon, uncooked
- 1 bottle
- ranch dressing
How to Make Bacon wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- 1Prep peppers WEARING GLOVES!!!. Cut peppers in halves length wise (leave on stems). Scrap out all the seeds and membranes. (leave membranes for a hot popper)
- 2Rinse peppers in cool water. This makes sure the peppers are cleared of the seeds.
- 3Mix together cream cheese, raw pork sausage, and cheddar shreds in a large bowl.
- 4Scoop mixture into each pepper half (should be heaping)
- 5Preheat oven 450 degrees. ( This step is not necessary if cooking on grill)
- 6Cut bacon in to halves width-wise
- 7wrap each half with bacon and stab with tooth-pick to hold together.
- 8Place mixture side up on a baking rack inside a cake pan. (If using a grill, put directly on grill racks.)
- 9Bake till bacon looks crisp and fully cooked.
- 10Let set to cool (just long enough they will not burn guest fingers)
- 11Serve with Ranch Dressing!!! Yummm!!!