Bacon wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
For Mild- Use mild pork sausage and scrape the peppers clean of seeds and membranes.
For Hot and Spicy- Scrap the seeds out but leave the membranes and use Hot Or Medium Pork sausage (Per level of desired heat).
I hate hot stuff and even I can eat the mild version!!! Excellent finger food for a party or holiday get togethers!Enjoy!!!
2 lbjalapenos, fresh
1 pkgbulk pork sausage, uncooked
16 ozcream cheese, room temperature
16 ozcheddar cheese, shredded
2 pkgbacon, uncooked
1 bottleranch dressing
How to Make Bacon wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Prep peppers WEARING GLOVES!!!. Cut peppers in halves length wise (leave on stems). Scrap out all the seeds and membranes. (leave membranes for a hot popper)
- Rinse peppers in cool water. This makes sure the peppers are cleared of the seeds.
- Mix together cream cheese, raw pork sausage, and cheddar shreds in a large bowl.
- Scoop mixture into each pepper half (should be heaping)
- Preheat oven 450 degrees. ( This step is not necessary if cooking on grill)
- Cut bacon in to halves width-wise
- wrap each half with bacon and stab with tooth-pick to hold together.
- Place mixture side up on a baking rack inside a cake pan. (If using a grill, put directly on grill racks.)
- Bake till bacon looks crisp and fully cooked.
- Let set to cool (just long enough they will not burn guest fingers)
- Serve with Ranch Dressing!!! Yummm!!!