Bacon, Cheddar, and Potato Croquette w/ Chipotle Sour Cream
Chef's Note: Save time and use instant mashed potatoes if you choose.
- russet potatoes
- strips bacon
- 4 oz
- cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 c
- bread crumbs, seasoned (panko also works great)
- eggs, beaten
- 4 oz
- 4 oz
- heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 5-6 dash(es)
- chipotle hot sauce
How to Make Bacon, Cheddar, and Potato Croquette w/ Chipotle Sour Cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- 2Boil potatoes with skin on until fork tender (approx 60 min). Place bacon on baking sheet and cook until crisp, remove from oven and chop finely, set aside. When potatoes are fork tender, remove from pot and drain water. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel, and return to pot. Add cream, butter, then mash and stir over low heat until smooth. Stir in bacon, salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Assemble two bowls, one with beaten egg, and one with bread crumbs. Take a cube of cheese and form a ball of the potatoes around it; they should be about the size of a golf ball. Dip the ball in the egg wash then in the bread crumbs to coat. You can make the entire batch 1-2 days ahead of time, store in refrigerator.
- 4Preheat oil to 375 F degrees.
- 5Fry croquettes until golden brown and crispy on the outside, you should have a nice center of melted cheese.
- 6For sauce simply mix sour cream and chipotle hot sauce, serve