Thai Crispy Eggrolls
1 pkgshredded cabbage
1 pkgshredded carrots
2 cchopped onions
2 smallfinely chopped garlic
1 1/2 lbground pork, chicken or turkey
3 bunchcellophane noodles
1 Tbspsea salt
1 Tbspblack pepper
1 Tbspsoy sauce, low sodium
2 tspgarlic powder
1 bottlevegetable oil
4 largeuncooked eggs
1 pkgegg roll wrappers
How to Make Thai Crispy Eggrolls
- Pour vegetable oil in a pot half way and preheat oil to medium-low
- Combine all of the dried ingredients in a large mixing bowl starting from the top of your list working your way down and stop at 2 tsp garlic powder.
- Crack 1 Large egg into the mix
- Now you are ready to mix all of the ingredients thoroughly together, making sure the meat is evenly distributed as well as the seasonings. Do this for about 2 minutes. (wear gloves that are designed for food, but not required)
- Crack the remaining 3 large eggs into a bowl and set aside. (this is for sealing the ends when your wrapping to prevent the ingredients to come out during frying)
- Now you are ready to wrap and roll your eggrolls. carefully peel the thawed and soft egg roll wrapper one by one, (have a hot damp towel ready to cover the wrappers to prevent from drying out)
- place one single wrapper on a flat surface like a diamond shape with a corner pointing towards you. Grab a tablespoon and a half of the filling onto this corner and spread the filling out, making sure there are no filling hanging out.
- You can follow the picture instructions on the package of the egg roll wrappers on how to roll and wrap successfully. the key is to make sure that the eggrolls are tight with no air pockets inside. (when frying oil tends to get in there to create a soggy filling)
- Repeat this until all of the wrappers and fillings are gone. If you find that you have some filling left over, you can stir fry this and eat it or put in the freezer for later use.
- Once all of your eggrolls are wrapped, you are ready to fry. Place 4-6 pieces of eggrolls into the pot of oil to fry. Do not overcrowd. Fry the eggrolls for a few minutes until a good golden brown color on each side.
- After this drain on a paper towel tray to cool off. You are now ready to eat your eggrolls!
- Another thing I wanted to add, if you did not want to fry them all at once, they are freezer friendly up to 2 months. and If you wanted to reheat the ones you have fried, throw it in the oven to 350 to crisp up. You can also make a dipping sauce to go with it.