Sausage and Artichoke Pie
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- prepared pie crust
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- onions, chopped
- 1 jar(s)
- marinate artichoke hearts, drained
- garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 c
- grated romano or parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- bell seasoning
- 1 pkg
- 6 sweet italian sausage, casings removed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pkg
- shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make Sausage and Artichoke Pie
- 1Using a large frying pan, sautee the onion and artichoke hearts in olive oil until fragrant, add chopped garlic. Cook garlic almost to the point of browning.
- 2Add the crumbled sausage, using wooden spoon to break up and separate during cooking. Add salt, pepper, bell seasoning and grated cheese. Cook sausage thoroughly.
- 3When sausage is fully cooked, turn off heat and stir in shredded mozzarella cheese, enough to 'hold' the sausage and artichoke mixture together, usually an entire package of cheese does the trick.
- 4Fill the pie crust level with the top of the crust with mixture, sprinkle top with grated and shredded mozzarella cheeses.
- 5Bake at 400 degrees until thoroughly heated, about 20-30 minutes. Let cool before slicing.