Sausage and Artichoke Pie
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1prepared pie crust
2 Tbspolive oil
1 jar(s)marinate artichoke hearts, drained
2garlic cloves, chopped
1 1/2 cgrated romano or parmesan cheese
1 Tbspbell seasoning
1 pkg6 sweet italian sausage, casings removed
·salt and pepper to taste
1 pkgshredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make Sausage and Artichoke Pie
- Using a large frying pan, sautee the onion and artichoke hearts in olive oil until fragrant, add chopped garlic. Cook garlic almost to the point of browning.
- Add the crumbled sausage, using wooden spoon to break up and separate during cooking. Add salt, pepper, bell seasoning and grated cheese. Cook sausage thoroughly.
- When sausage is fully cooked, turn off heat and stir in shredded mozzarella cheese, enough to 'hold' the sausage and artichoke mixture together, usually an entire package of cheese does the trick.
- Fill the pie crust level with the top of the crust with mixture, sprinkle top with grated and shredded mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake at 400 degrees until thoroughly heated, about 20-30 minutes. Let cool before slicing.