Reuben Egg Rolls
1 pkgegg roll wraps
1-2 lbcooked corned beef, diced
1 jar(s)sauerkraut (i like kuhne)
1/2 lbswiss cheese, cut into tiny cubes
1egg, slightly beaten...this is your glue
5+ coil for deep frying
OPTIONAL: I RAN OUT OF SAUERKRAUT, I DID NOT OPEN A FRESH JAR, AND THOUGHT TO USE A SMALL DICE DILL PICKLES INSTEAD...WONDERFUL. PLAY WITH THE RECIPE AS YOU WISH.
How to Make Reuben Egg Rolls
- Trim as much fat as possible from the corned beef. Cook as directed. Drain the juices and allow to cool. Dice the corned beef.
- Preheat the oil to 370.
- Cut the Swiss cheese into small cubes. Drain the sauerkraut to almost dry. Beat the egg in a small dish (this is your "glue").
- Lay an egg roll wrapper on a cutting board, top the middle with 1 1/2 TBSP corned beef, sprinkle on some sauerkraut and/or pickles, add some Swiss cheese cubes.
- Use your fingers or a pastry brush to brush on some beaten egg all around the egg roll wrap. Fold to the middle then on both sides and roll up tight to seal.
- Deep fry two at a time, turning to brown both sides. About 3-5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with Thousand Island Dressing....I used Ken's and it was fabulous!