Mexican Gorditas ( Little Fat Ones) (Gorditas Rellenas)
Blue Ribbon Recipe
One bite and your taste buds will be transported to Mexico. The little gorditas are crunchy on the outside and slightly soft in the middle. These are incredibly delicious and addictive. They're so good, you'll want to double the recipe.
Note: You are not cutting the dough with the cookie cutter, only using it as a guide for the size of the dough round. If they crack a little on the edges when you press with a spoon, just smooth them with your fingers. They'll fry fine. The Test Kitchen
- 2 c
- Maseca or Masa Harina or Bob's Red Mill
- 1 1/4 c
- water or pork or chicken broth
- 1/4 c
- vegetable oil or for a more luscious gordita, fry the dough in lard or butter instead of oil
- 2 c
- shredded chicken or pork, or fried Mexican chorizo with onion.
- 1 c
- salsa, mild or hot
- 1 1/2 c
- Cotija cheese or queso fresco
- 1 tsp
How to Make Mexican Gorditas ( Little Fat Ones) (Gorditas Rellenas)
- 10Top with your favorite toppings such as the seasoned shredded pork or chicken or chorizo filling the indentation or the wells in each of the little gordita patties. Finish topping with the salsa, sour cream or queso fresco or Cotija cheese. Serve hot. These are truly luscious. Tip: Make two batches your family will want more than ten.