Liver Foie Gras Mousse (Pâté)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 largefattened duck or goose liver
1/2 cdry, imported sherry
1 pinchground cloves
10juniper berries crushed
1 tspsea salt
1/2 Tbspground white pepper
1/2 cheavy cream, whipped to hold soft peaks
How to Make Liver Foie Gras Mousse (Pâté)
- Trim connective tissue and blood lines. Dice and place in zipper bag with sherry, cloves, and juniper berries. Let sit in fridge 24 hours.
- Remove juniper and discard. Drain foie gras. Discard sherry.
- Preheat large sauté pan to high. Sear foie gras 45 seconds and flip. Add shallots, salt, and pepper. Sear 30 seconds and flip. Repeat. Spill contents of pans on baking sheet. Cool 5 minutes.
- Pulse foie gras in food processor 20 seconds. Add whipped cream. Pulse. Scrape contents into bowl and refrigerate overnight, wrapping after 6 hours.
- Serve with toast or sliced baguette. Serves 6–8 as an hors d'oeuvre.