Jalapeno Cheddar Mini Corndogs
Anthony Nicometi Jr
A.) I love corndogs!
B.) I love cheddar & jalapeno!
C.) I haven't seen too many mini corndogs done before!
So I took it upon myself to make them, They are so delicious and so simple to do. Everyone seemed to enjoy and I know all of you will too! :)
2jalapenos (deseeded and finely diced)
1 pkgJohnsonville Better Cheddar Lil Smokies
1 boxJiffy corn muffin mix
1 tspgranulated garlic
1/4 tspcayenne pepper
1/2 tspchili powder
How to Make Jalapeno Cheddar Mini Corndogs
- Prepare cornbread batter: Mix Jiffy mix, milk and the egg until combined. Gently fold in the finely diced jalapeno. Add granulated garlic, cayenne and chili powder, and stir once more. Then set aside
- Take your Johnsonville Lil Smokies, and place them into a colander and gently rinse.
(If you skip this step, the oil on the outside will prevent the batter from sticking completely.)
- Pat dry with a paper towel and start dipping corndogs to coat.
- Place in 375 degree oil until golden brown. Salt IMMEDIATELY after taking out of oil.
- Enjoy with ketchup and mustard :)