You can use "Meatloaf Mix" with very good results. You can easily adjust the ingredients when using more than one pound of meat. Although you should beware of adding too much Romano cheese, as it is salty.
- 1 lb
- lean chopped meat
- 1 large
- 1/4 c
- dried minced onion
- 1/2 c
- bread crumbs, italian flavored, more if necessary
- Scant 1/4 c
- romano cheese, grated
- 4 Tbsp
- finely chopped fresh parsley, flat leaf preferred
- 1/4 tsp
- ground black pepper
- water, if needed
How to Make Italian Meatballs
- 1In a medium bowl, beat the egg.
- 2Add chopped meat and with the tines of a strong fork, separate the meat and combine loosely with egg.
- 3Sprinkle meat mixture with black pepper, Romano cheese, onions, bread crumbs and parsley. Using the tines of the fork, stir after each addition. If necessary, add water or bread crumbs a tablespoon at a time to achieve a slightly sticky mass.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare Baking dish by spraying with oil.
- 5Scoop a small amount of mixture and roll in the palm of your hand into a ball that holds together. Do not compress the meat too much.
- 6Place meatballs in baking dish. Roll up the rest of the mixture. You can make them any size but they should all be about the same size so they cook evenly.
- 7For one inch meatballs bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Gently shake the pan halfway through baking to turn the meatballs and to coat them with pan juices. Use immediately or allow to cool and store in plastic baggie in freezer.