4 mediumwild duck breasts
1 mediumcontainer of lite cream cheese - preferably that you can slice
1 jar(s)mild, medium, or hot jalapeno pepper slices
1 pkgsliced uncooked bacon
1 bottleteryaki sauce
1 bottleorange juice, fresh
How to Make Grillled Wild Duck Poppers
- Clean the wild duck breasts thoroughly removing any shot.
- Mix the Teryaki sauce with about 1 cup of orange juice in a storage bag or container.
- Marinate the duck breasts in the refigerator for about 3 to 4 hours(Or Longer!) in the teryaki sauce and orange juice.
- Light your gas grill or build a medium sized charcoal fire in your Weber.
- While the grill is heating, remove the duck breasts from the marinade and butterfly them so there is a cavity in the middle.
- In the cavity, place a slice of cream cheese and several jalapeno peppers.
- Fold the butterflied breast back over so the cream cheese and peppers are now in the middle. Wrap them in back liberally and secure the whole concoction with toothpicks.
- Once your grill is ready, grill them for about 5 minutes a side. DO NOT COOK THEM PAST MEDIUM RARE!
- Remove from grill and serve with you favorite beverage - I think they are great with a Merlot or Zinfandel. They can also be sliced into quarters and served as an appetizer.
- Note: If you using smaller duck breasts like GreenWing Teal or Bluewing Teal(The Best Eating), you can just take 2 breasts and put the cream cheese and jalapeno peppers in the middle. This is like a Wild Duck Oreo Cookie!