Mertzie's Grilled Apples, Ham & Swiss Panini
The dijon balances the sweet apples & cinnamon nicely. My friend just told me about using mayonnaise to coat the outer slices of bread for panini, and it is wonderful!
- slices smoked ham, thinly sliced
- slice swiss cheese
- apple (any kind peeled & cut in large slices)
- mayonnaise, dijon, cinnamon
- slices crusty italian bread
- fresh spinach (optional)
How to Make Mertzie's Grilled Apples, Ham & Swiss Panini
- 1Ingredients listed above are for each sandwich. Heat the panini press. Toss the apple slices with cinnamon & grill these for a few on the panini press.
- 2Spread one side of each bread slice with mayonnaise. (This will be the outer side to cook. Makes a lovely crust).
- 3Spread inside of bread (one slice) with dijon. Lay slices of ham on top. Then, layer with Swiss, and grilled apples. Add some fresh spinach leaves, if you like. Put other slice of bread on top & grill on panini press until nice & golden. Enjoy!