1 pkgwon ton skins
1/2 lbfresh ground pork
1/2 lbshrimp peeled & deveined chopped finely (frozen works fine)
1 smallbox mushrooms, chopped finely
1 smallcan water chestnuts, chopped finely
2green onions, finely chopped including green part
1 largeeggs, beaten
1/4 tspblack pepper
How to Make FRIED WONTONS (SALLYE)
- Mix all ingredients except won ton skins and half of the beaten eggs together. Reserve 1/2 of eggs for "glue"
Note: If you use ground turkey, add 1/4 teaspoon of Accent to enhance flavor.
- Place won ton skin squares on clean working surface with points facing up-down-right-left.
- Place 1 tsp filling in the center of each skin.
Dip a little of the beaten egg on the bottom
corner, then bring top corner to meet bottom corner.
Dip a little beaten egg on the left corner and bring the right corner to meet it. Press down to seal.
- Heat 4 cups peanut or canola oil in wok or deep heavy saucepan.
Fry wrapped wontons until golden brown (about 2 minutes) Turn over once while cooking
Drain and serve with made ahead dipping sauce.
- For dipping sauce, use my posted recipe "SWEET & SOUR SAUCE BY BATES".