Dried Beef Dip/Spread*
How to Make Dried Beef Dip/Spread*
- 1Remove cream cheese packages from refrigerator and warm to room temperature about an hour ahead, so it is soft and easier to stir in other ingredients.
- 2Using 1-1/2 to 2 quart bowl, open can of mushroom soup and scrape can to get all soup out and into bowl.
- 3Stir-in softened cream cheese. Make sure it is well blended.
- 4Meanwhile, cut thinly sliced beef into small, approximately 1/4-inch squares, and add to cream cheese and mushroom soup mixture.
- 5Wash and trim green onions to get rid of any dirt or bad spots, chop the onions, tops and all and add to cream cheese, soup and beef mixture.
- 6Stir well until the consistency of a spread.
- 7Place in refrigerator overnight so flavors mingle.
- 8Remove from frig, place in serving dish and serve with various accoutrements: Use with carrots, celery, on crackers or by itself, can even be added to mashed potatoes for a different flavor as well. Can also be used as a spread for bread and as a sandwich (I do).
- 9*Ingredients can be doubled for larger crowd, and lasts, if covered and refrigerated and you can leave it alone, for a week afterward. If you don't like cream of mushroom soup, try cream of celery.