Prep time depends on how long it takes to fill and shape wontons.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 1/2 lbground pork
1 lbsmall cocktail shrimp, halved
2 bunchscallions, finely sliced
2 can(s)water chestnuts, slivered
1/3 csoy sauce
·pepper to taste
1/2 csoy sauce
2 tspdry mustard
How to Make Crispy Wontons
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly by hand. Place 1 tablespoon of mixture in center of wonton skin.
- Moisten one corner of skin with water, and fold opposite corner on top.
Moisten same corner again with water and then fold opposite corner in. Moisten sane corner again, fold remaining corner in. Wontons should look like a little triange.
- Deep fry at medium-high temperature until lightly golden brown. Freeze immediately for use at a latter date.
- If serving, heat in 350 degree approximately 15-20 minutes until warm and serve with dipping sauce.
- To make dipping sauce heat ingredients in small saucepan while stirring for 5 to 10 minutes.
Sauce can be used hot or cold and stored in refrigerator.
- NOTE: To reduce the fat in this recipe, steam the wontons by placing as many that will fit, side by side into a steamer basket. Place the steamer basket in a sauce pan with a little boiling water in the bottom. Cover and steam them for at least five minutes or until the wontons are thoroughly cooked. Using 6oz. of egg substitute or 6 egg whites in place of the eggs is another healthy substitution. I would also suggest using low- sodium soy sauce to reduce the sodium intake.