Chicken and Sausage Holiday Wreath
Around the holidays I decorated it with fresh sweet basil leaves and pieces of sweet red pepper to give it a holiday look.
It really is an appeitzer that impresses, and ssshhh don't tell anyone, but it is made out of leftover ham, chicken, turkey, any kind of meat you have left over. The combo we like the best is chicken and sausage.
2 tspvegtable oil
6 ozbulk pork sausage, i use the breakfast kind
8 ozcream cheese, softened
7 ozleftover chicken diced, or use the pouch if you don't have leftover chicken
1/4 ceach green pepper, and sweet red pepper
3 mediumscallions, chopped, green parts too
1 to 2 mediumjalepenos seeded, and diced
6 ozgrated swiss cheese
6 ozgrated mozarella cheese
6 ozwater chestnuts, diced
1/4 cmarzetti slaw dressing, or your fav
1 to 2 tspworchestershire sauce
1 to 2 tsphot sauce, or to taste
·salt and pepper to taste
2 can(s)crescent rolls
How to Make Chicken and Sausage Holiday Wreath
- Heat oil in a skillet, add sausage, and cook until no longer pink.
- In a large bowl combine everything except crescent rolls.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Pre heat oven to 375°
- Use a pizza pan that has been lined with aluminum foil (no clean up) Spray liberally with pam before you start.
- If you use a pizza pan for this it will be easier to keep it in the round. Arrange the crescent rolls in a circle, long pointy ends facing out, short fat ends overlapping on the pan.
- Put the filling evenly all around the wreath on the widest part of the dough. A disher works great here.
- Fold the long pointy end back over the filling in the wreath, tucking in a little at the center.
- Not all the filling will be covered, that's what you want.
- bake for 20 minutes until golden, and expect to hear WOW when you bring it out. This never fails to impress.