Chicken and Sausage Holiday Wreath
It is an appetizer with wow Factor, yet is easy to put together.
For this I did use a 7 ounce chicken breast in the pouch, but leftover chicken works just as well.
My friend Dana came over just as I was taking this out of the oven. I said "Hey girl wanna be my guinea pig?" When she saw it she said "Wow"
This would be a perfect partner to my sparkling cranberry punch.
8 ozcream cheese, softened
7 ozcooked chicken or cooked ham
1/4 ceach red and green pepper, chopped
1 to 2 mediumjalepenos, seeded
3 mediumscallions, chopped green part too
6 ozswiss cheese, diced
6 ozmozarella, grated
6 ozwater chestnuts, chopped
1/4 cmarzetti slaw dressing
1/2 tspeach salt and pepper
1 to 2 tspworchestershire sauce
1 Tbspvegtable oil
6 ozpork sausage
2 can(s)crescent rolls
How to Make Chicken and Sausage Holiday Wreath
- In a large mixing bowl combine everything but sausage, oil and crescent rolls.
- In a sauce pan heat the oil and cook the sausage until browned and cooked through, add to chicken mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour to give the flavors a chance to marry.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Use a pizza pan for this step, it helps you keep the round shape.