Bacon wrapped stuffed dates
How to Make Bacon wrapped stuffed dates
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with tin foil, and place a cooling rack on top (this helps to separate from the bacon grease when baking).
- Remove sausage from casing, crumble into frying pan, cook sausage until done, and set aside to let cool.
- Slice open the Date and remove the pit. Do NOT slice all the way through - just slice on one side in order to open it and remove the pit (and stuff it).
- Combine the sausage meat and the cheese in a medium bowl.
- Slice the bacon in half, to create 16 pieces from 8 (and is smaller to wrap date with)
- Stuff the Dates with meat and cheese mixture.
Wrap the date with a bacon slice.
- Place date on prepared pan, with the stuffing portion facing up.
- Stuff and wrap remaining Dates.
- Bake until bacon is crispy, about 20 minutes.
- Once done, remove and let cool.