ASIAN STUFFED MUSHROOMS (SALLYE)
Easy recipe to double for larger crowds.
24 TO 30 mediummushrooms (your choice)
1 clean ground pork
4 to 6 mediumcooked peeled and deveined prawns
6-8water chestnuts finely chopped
1 Tbspdark soy sauce
2 tspolive oil
1/2 cchicken stock
4 to 5 Tbspoyster sauce
How to Make ASIAN STUFFED MUSHROOMS (SALLYE)
- TIP: Pick mushrooms that are about 1-1/2 inches in diameter, since they shrink during cooking.
- Gently wipe mushrooms clean with damp paper towel and remove stems (you can save them to use in another dish)
- Finely mince prawns and place in mixing bowl.
Finely mince water chestnuts and add to mixing bowl.
- Add ground pork, soy sauce, sherry, sugar, salt and cornstarch to mixing bowl.
Mix ingredients together by hand or with wooden spoon until well blended.
- Stuff each mushroom with about 1 teaspoon of meat mixture. Use all of the mixture.
- In large heavy skillet, heat 2 teaspoon oil over medium high heat.
Place stuffed mushrooms in a single layer in skillet with stuffed side up.
- Brown for one minute.
Turn heat down to low and add 1/2 cup stock to the skillet.
Cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, adding more stock if necessary.
- Remove cover; there should be about 1/4 cup stock left in the skillet.
Add oyster sauce to stock, then baste each mushroom with stock/sauce liquid.
When sauce thickens, mushrooms are ready to be served.
- Insert toothpicks when serving as an appetizer.