Appetizer Smoked Turkey in Cranberry Biscuits
Daily Inspiration S
****Prep time does not include rising time for biscuits
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 cbread flour
1 tspbaking powder
1 pkgactive dry yeast
2/3 cwarm low-fat buttermilk
2 Tbspwarm water
1/2 cdried cranberries
·vegetable cooking spray
1 lbthinly sliced smoked turkey breast
·spicy mustard (optional)
How to Make Appetizer Smoked Turkey in Cranberry Biscuits
- Add first 3 ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and pulse 2-3 times to mix. Add shortening and process until blended.
- Combine sugar and next 3 ingredients (yeast through water) in a small bowl - stir to dissolve yeast. Let stand 5 minutes.
- With processor running, slowly pour in yeast mixture through the food tube; process until dough forms a ball.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead in cranberries. Roll out dough to 1/2 inch thickness and cut into 20 circles with a 2-inch biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuit circles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Let rise, uncovered, in a warm place or approx. 20 minutes or until puffy.
- Bake biscuits at 425 degrees F for 8 minutes or until golden. Split biscuits and fill each with 3/4 oz. turkey. Serve with mustard, if desired.