I love fruit salsas, as well as savory salsas...
For serving with this salsa, I cut flour tortillas in wedges, spray with cooking spray & sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture and bake til crispy.
Hope you will give this a try! It's awesome!
- 2 C.
- fresh strawberries,
- cleaned & chopped
- 2 tsp.
- white balsamic vinegar
- (or reg. balsamic if white is not available)
- 1 Tbsp.
- freshly grated ginger root
- clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp.
- fresh-minced chives
- 1 tsp.
- chili oil or
- mild chili, seeded & minced
- 1 Tbsp. scoop(s)
- sunflower oil or
- mild oil of your choice
- sea salt to taste *
How to Make STRAWBERRY SALSA
- 1Add all ingredients to a medium bowl.
***When you add salt to salsa, keep in mind what you will serve it with. Some dishes are already rather salty and will perform better with an almost salt-free salsa.***
- 2Mix ingredients gently, you don't want to crush the strawberries. Make sure all is well combined.
- 3Cover bowl with a light towel or plastic wrap and let salsa sit for 30-45 min. for flavors to marry.
- 4Serve at room temperature with dippers of choice.
- 5NOTE: If you have juices left in the bowl after the salsa is gone, save the juice for making a fruity vinaigrette. This juice is loaded with flavor.