I love fruit salsas, as well as savory salsas...
For serving with this salsa, I cut flour tortillas in wedges, spray with cooking spray & sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture and bake til crispy.
Hope you will give this a try! It's awesome!
2 C.fresh strawberries,
·cleaned & chopped
2 tsp.white balsamic vinegar
·(or reg. balsamic if white is not available)
1 Tbsp.freshly grated ginger root
1clove garlic, finely minced
1 Tbsp.fresh-minced chives
1 tsp.chili oil or
1mild chili, seeded & minced
1 Tbsp. scoop(s)sunflower oil or
·mild oil of your choice
·sea salt to taste *
How to Make STRAWBERRY SALSA
- Add all ingredients to a medium bowl.
***When you add salt to salsa, keep in mind what you will serve it with. Some dishes are already rather salty and will perform better with an almost salt-free salsa.***
- Mix ingredients gently, you don't want to crush the strawberries. Make sure all is well combined.
- Cover bowl with a light towel or plastic wrap and let salsa sit for 30-45 min. for flavors to marry.
- Serve at room temperature with dippers of choice.
- NOTE: If you have juices left in the bowl after the salsa is gone, save the juice for making a fruity vinaigrette. This juice is loaded with flavor.