Spiced pickle grapes
- 2 lb
- red or green seedless grapes plucked from stems
- 1 1/2 c
- white vinegar
- 1 c
- white sugar
- 1/2 c
- packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp
- ground coriander
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- whole cloves
- 1/4 c
- crystalized ginger. or 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 medium
- jalapeños sliced thin
How to Make Spiced pickle grapes
- 1In a sauce pan Mix together the vinegar, sugars, cinnamon, cloves and coriander and bring to a boil, boil over medium heat for 5 minutes
- 2Remove from heat and ginger, jalapeños, and grapes. Store these in the Refrigerator for at least 24 hours. Longer is better. These get better with age.
- 3If you want to you can put these up by canning them. Sterilize 4 pint jars or 8 half pint jars. Put the hot grapes and juice into the hot jars. Wipe the tops of your jars and add the hot lids and rings. Put into a water bath for 10 minutes.
- 4Now your ready to give these as gift or just keep them for yourself. Your friends will remember your unique gift. You might put a tag in the jar with suggestion on how to use them. I put them in chicken salad, tossed salad and serve on the side as an appetizer.
- 5Tip!!! Sams club has the extra large grapes which makes a pretty presentation.