Spiced pickle grapes
2 lbred or green seedless grapes plucked from stems
1 1/2 cwhite vinegar
1 cwhite sugar
1/2 cpacked light brown sugar
2 tspground coriander
1 tspground cinnamon
1/4 ccrystalized ginger. or 2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 mediumjalapeños sliced thin
How to Make Spiced pickle grapes
- In a sauce pan Mix together the vinegar, sugars, cinnamon, cloves and coriander and bring to a boil, boil over medium heat for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and ginger, jalapeños, and grapes. Store these in the Refrigerator for at least 24 hours. Longer is better. These get better with age.
- If you want to you can put these up by canning them. Sterilize 4 pint jars or 8 half pint jars. Put the hot grapes and juice into the hot jars. Wipe the tops of your jars and add the hot lids and rings. Put into a water bath for 10 minutes.
- Now your ready to give these as gift or just keep them for yourself. Your friends will remember your unique gift. You might put a tag in the jar with suggestion on how to use them. I put them in chicken salad, tossed salad and serve on the side as an appetizer.
- Tip!!! Sams club has the extra large grapes which makes a pretty presentation.