Pruneaux avec de la Crème Orange
- 1 pkg
- pitted prunes, 9 oz. (i like sunsweet because they are softer than most)
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp
- orange juice, thawed concentrate
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/8 tsp
- ground cardamon
- 1 1/2 tsp
- orange flower water (you can substitute grand marnier)
ORANGE ZEST , EITHER GRATED OR SHREDDED ON THE FINE HOLES OF A BOX GRATER. OR USE A CITRUS ZESTER.
SMALL MINT LEAVES OR FINELY CHOPPED DRIED CRANBERRIES.
How to Make Pruneaux avec de la Crème Orange
- 1Shape the prunes by placing your thumb in the center and pushing to form a very small cup.
- 2Whisk all ingredients together til smooth, except the garnishes. Place the orange mixture in the refrigerator to set up slightly. Try to get a soft cream but one that will hold its shape. Takes about 15 minutes or so.
- 3Remove cream from Fridge and place in a disposable or washable piping bag with a medium star tip. Alternately, Place into a strong Ziplock bag , squeeze the cream to one corner and snip off a tiny tip of the corner to fill prune cups.
- 4Pipe in a small amount of cream to fill the cups and garnish with a sprinkle of orange zest and either a mint leaf or a few bits of dried cranberry. Refrigerate covered with plasic wrap until serving.