Prosciutto-Wrapped Pineapple Bites
Diabetic and carb friendly, picture/recipe from Diabetic Connect Web site.
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 4 thin slices prosciutto (2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 fresh jalapeño , seeded
How to Make Prosciutto-Wrapped Pineapple Bites
- 1Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Cut off the top and bottom of the pineapple and remove the skin with a sharp knife. Cut the pineapple in quarters lengthwise through the core. Cut out the core. (Reserve half the pineapple for another use.) Cut 2 of the pieces in half again lengthwise, then cut those 4 pieces crosswise into 6 equal pieces to make 24 chunks. Cut each slice of prosciutto lengthwise into 3 strips. Cut each strip in half crosswise to make 24 pieces total. Wrap a piece of prosciutto around each chunk of pineapple. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- 3Bake on the upper rack until the prosciutto is sizzling and browned in spots, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, whisk pineapple juice, ketchup, vinegar, cornstarch and garlic powder in a small bowl. Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add jalapeño and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the juice mixture; bring to a simmer. Cook until glossy and thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve the pineapple bites on toothpicks with the dipping sauce.
- 5Nutritional Facts
3 "bites" and about 1 Tbsp. sauce
3 “bites” and about 1 Tbsp. sauce each
1/2 lean meat
35% daily value