Kirsch Kissed Strawberry Cream with Candied Walnuts
So many fruit dishes are really punched up with this wonderful stuff.
This needs time to set up in the mold, so make it the day before.
- 12 oz
- strawberry cream cheese spread, room temperature
- 2/3 c
- swiss or gruyere, shredded
- 1 Tbsp
- plus 1 teaspoon kirsch
- 5 Tbsp
- strawberry preserves, home made if you have them
- 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- walnuts,coarsly chopped
- 1 large
- egg white
How to Make Kirsch Kissed Strawberry Cream with Candied Walnuts
- 1Pre heat oven to 300°
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or spray generously with non stick spray.
- 2Make your candied walnuts first by whipping up the egg whites just til frothy.
- 3Chop up the walnuts to coarse chop, and dump in the egg whites. Toss them til well coated.
- 4Put them in a strainer over the sink and shake off some of the excess.
- 5Put walnuts back in the bowl and toss with the brown sugar.
- 6Put nuts on prepared sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until sugar is nicely candified the nuts. Keep a close eye on them, and stir them from time to time. I even remove some of them as they brown. You don't want them to burn.
- 7Mix with an electric mixer the cream cheese, swiss, and kirsch. Taste to see if you want more kirsch.
- 8Line a 1 quart round bowl, or equivilent with plastic wrap, having 5 inches over hang on the sides of the bowl.
- 9Layer the bottom with half the nuts,then half the cream cheese mixture,strawberry jam, rest of nuts, rest of cream cheese.
- 10Fold the plastic wrap over the top of the mold and refrigerate overnight.
- 11Next day invert on a pretty plate and serve with fresh strawberries, crisp wheat crackers, or fresh fruit.