Blood Orange Salsa
The citrusy salsa sounds wonderful to me, I'll be trying this one.
This simple salsa balances the sweetness of blood orange with lime, jalapeño, and avocado.
·2 blood oranges
·1 ripe avocado, cubed
·1⁄2 cup diced red onion
·1⁄2 jalapeño, seeded and minced
·2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
·1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
How to Make Blood Orange Salsa
- Using a serrated knife, slice the peel off the oranges removing as much white pith as possible.
- Place a mesh strainer over a small bowl; segment the oranges, letting the pieces fall into the strainer.
- Gently break up the segments into smaller pieces with your fingers. Set aside to drain.
- In a medium bowl mix together the avocado, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice and salt to taste.
- Add the orange pieces (discarding the juice) and gently stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.