Blood Orange Salsa
The citrusy salsa sounds wonderful to me, I'll be trying this one.
This simple salsa balances the sweetness of blood orange with lime, jalapeño, and avocado.
How to Make Blood Orange Salsa
- 1Using a serrated knife, slice the peel off the oranges removing as much white pith as possible.
- 2Place a mesh strainer over a small bowl; segment the oranges, letting the pieces fall into the strainer.
- 3Gently break up the segments into smaller pieces with your fingers. Set aside to drain.
- 4In a medium bowl mix together the avocado, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice and salt to taste.
- 5Add the orange pieces (discarding the juice) and gently stir to combine.
- 6Serve immediately.