Blood Orange Salsa
The citrusy salsa sounds wonderful to me, I'll be trying this one.
This simple salsa balances the sweetness of blood orange with lime, jalapeño, and avocado.
- 2 blood oranges
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄2 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- kosher salt
How to Make Blood Orange Salsa
- 1Using a serrated knife, slice the peel off the oranges removing as much white pith as possible.
- 2Place a mesh strainer over a small bowl; segment the oranges, letting the pieces fall into the strainer.
- 3Gently break up the segments into smaller pieces with your fingers. Set aside to drain.
- 4In a medium bowl mix together the avocado, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice and salt to taste.
- 5Add the orange pieces (discarding the juice) and gently stir to combine.
- 6Serve immediately.