I had this at a party once and no one could leave it alone, so I found a similar recipe and adjusted it to my tastes. This is also a beautiful cheese ball to serve on Christmas with it's red, white, and green colors.
11. Beat softened cream cheese and butter in a bowl until smooth. (I sometimes kick it up with a spoon full of minced garlic during this step)
2. Line a medium sized cereal bowl with plastic wrap.
3. Scoop 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture into the bowl.
4. Add a layer of green pesto.
5. Add a layer of 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture.
6. Add a layer of red pesto.
7. Finish with last 1/3 of cream cheese mixture.
8. Wrap the ends of the plastic wrap up to seal the cheese ball into the bowl to keep it's semi-sphere shape.
9. Refrigerate over night to harden.
10. Highly recommend serving with garlic french bread crisps (like melba toasts only in the bakery section)