Panda express cream cheese wontons
How to Make Panda express cream cheese wontons
- Heat enough cooking oil to 2-3 inches in medium size cooking pot. You can use deep fat fryer if you have one.
- Cream together cream cheese and scallions. If desired add a touch of garlic for more flavor. Spoon approximately 1 tsp of mixture into wonton and fold.
- Fold wonton by brushing a little water over all edges of wonton skin. Fold diagonally into a triangle, being sure to pinch and seal all edges completely, to keep filling from running out during frying.
- Next, take the two loose ends and press and twist together the two ends, by adding a little water, to seal comletely.
- When oil is heated, test with a small piece of wonton skin. If wonton skin bubbles immediately when dropped in hot oil, it is ready. Drop only 4-5 pieces at a time in the oil. After about 1 minute, the wontons will begin to brown. They will now brown quickly. Remove when lightly browned.
- If oil is too shallow, you may need to flip the wontons.These are very good made with light sweetened cream cheese. Try mixing and blending strawberry jam or pineapple jam or even orange marmalade to taste, and then fill wontons.