Vicki Butts (lazyme)
·vegetable oil, to shallow fry the bread
1/2loaf sourdough, sliced
1/4 ctomato pesto (70 g)
1/2red onion, finely chopped
1/4 ccapers, rinsed and drained (50g)
1/2 cfresh basil leaves
1/2 cpitted black olives, sliced (75g)
200 gfresh ricotta, crumbled
1/4 colive oil (60 ml)
How to Make Maltese Bruschetta
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, add bread slices and cook, turning once, for 4 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Remove using a slotted spoon, drain and cool on paper towel.
- Spread bread slices with pesto.
- Top with onion, caper, basil, olive and ricotta, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.