Mac and Cheese Bites
1 boxdeluxe macaroni and cheddar dinner (i use shop rite brand but could use kraft, walmart, etc -- make sure you get the dinner with the creamy cheddar cheese sauce packet))
1/4 cshredded cheddar cheese
1/2 pkg8 oz cream cheese (i use neufchatel)
·spices as desired (i add red pepper flakes and onion powder)
1 coil for frying (i use smart balance omega oil which is supposed to support healthy cholesterol, but whatever you have on hand)
4eggs, beaten together
1 citalian bread crumbs
How to Make Mac and Cheese Bites
- Make Mac and Cheese dinner as directed on package. Stir in Cheddar cheese and cream cheese and blend really well.
- Let sit covered in the fridge overnight of for several hours.
- Line a pan that will fit into your freezer with waxed paper. Roll the mac and cheese mixture with your hands into small balls and then flatten (you can keep as little balls, but might be cold in the center later on). Lay on waxed paper and freeze for an hour.
- Beat eggs together in one bowl and mix flour and bread crumbs together in another.
- Dredge patties in egg then flour then fry in oil turning a lot until brown on all sides.
- Serve warm..... but they're awfully good cold too! Can dip in a warm marinara sauce if desired.