Herbed Cheese Pinwheels
- 1 pkg
- ( 8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped parsley
- 2 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp
- dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 - pound unsliced whole wheat bread loaf, crusts trimmed
- finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 c
- sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- margarine or butter, softened
How to Make Herbed Cheese Pinwheels
- 1Combine cream cheese, parsley, juice and seasonings, mixing until well blended.
Slice bread lengthwise into 1/2 inch slices. Roll each slice to 1/4 inch thickness. Evenly spread each bread slice with cream cheese mixture; roll up, starting at narrow end.
Spread bread rolls with margarine, excluding ends.
- 2In small skillet, combine remaining ingredients; cook 3 minutes or until worcestershire sauce evaporates. Cool. Coat bread rolls with pecan mixture; chill at least 30 minutes.
Cut each bread roll crosswise into 1/2 inch slices.