Grilled Cheese sandwich & Quesadillas
Same thing with quesadillas. Every student needs to know how to make this simple snack (or lunch) for themselves.
- slices of sandwich bread of choice
- sliced velvetta cheese or grated cheddar
- butter, soft
- flour tortilla
How to Make Grilled Cheese sandwich & Quesadillas
- 1GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH: Get out your ingredients. If you can, use a non-stick skillet and get it hot. Butter one side of the two pieces of bread. Lay the butter side down onto the skillet. Add the cheese, either slices of velvetta or some grated cheddar (or mix of grated cheeses). Now add the second slice, butter side up. Grill it until golden brown. (peek with a spatula). Flip over and continue grilling until that side is golden and the cheese is melted. If your flame is too high, it might burn before the cheese melts, so keep an eye.
- 2QUESADILLAS: These are basically the same thing except you use a flour tortilla. Heat up the skillet. Butter the outside of the tortilla. Lay in the skillet and add the grated cheese to one half. (I do not use Velvetta for this). Fold the other half of the tortilla over it and fry until golden, then flip and fry the other side, just like the grilled cheese sandwich.
- 3OPTIONS: You can add beans or leftover shredded chicken to the quesadillas. You can add a slice of ham or tomato to the grilled cheese sandwich. Just make sure the add ins are covered with cheese on top and bottom.