Its easy to do and seems fail proof to me. Although, I won't let one of my friends do this because she can burn water. :-)
How to Make Gougeres
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In a medium saucepan, whisk together water, milk, butter, pepper, and salt. Bring mixture to a boil.
- 3Add flour and immediately stir mixture with a wooden spoon until dough forms a ball that pulls away from sides of pan.
- 4Remove dough from heat and let cool for 2 minutes. Add first egg and beat until well combined. Add second egg and beat until well combined. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
- 5Place dough in a pastry bag with a 1/2 inch top and pipe dough into 1 1/2 inch rounds on baking sheet. Sprinkle balls with remaining cheese. Bake until golden, about 25 minutes.