Filipino Cheese Sticks
Filipino Cheese Sticks is an easy to prepare Pinoy dish, they are deep-fried snacks composed of sliced cheeses wrapped in spring roll wrapper.
This is totally different from Mozzarella sticks, but both have something in common: cheese sticks and mozzarella sticks are crispy on the outside and soft inside.
- 1 180 gram block of processed filled cheese or cheddar cheese ( or left over keso de bola )
- 1 pack spring roll wraps around 30 pcs
- water for sealing the spring roll wraps
- bacon or ham ( optional )
- 1 cup canola cooking oil
How to Make Filipino Cheese Sticks
- 1Slice the cheese into 1/2 cm thickness (all sides) with a length of 3 – 4 inches.
- 2Cut the spring roll wraps in the middle making 2 triangles.
- 3Wrap the cheese with spring roll wraps and seal the edges with water.
- 4Heat the frying pan and pour-in the cooking oil. Let the oil heat-up for a few minutes.
- 5Deep-fry the cheese sticks for 4 minutes or until the color of the spring roll wrapper turns golden brown.
- 6Serve with ketchup and mayonnaise dip.