Down-Home Pimento-Cheese Sliders
I know you’ll agree once you take just one bite—they are simply wonderful!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
As a Southern gal, I grew up eating pimento cheese sandwiches. If you've never had the pleasure, now is your chance! This terrific recipe combines the creaminess of pimento cheese with the savory goodness of beef sliders (hamburgers).
If you have any cheese spread left over, it's delicious on its own in a sandwich as well! The Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 tsp
- ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 4 oz
- pimento red peppers, chopped fine (well drained if using jarred)
- 1-2 Tbsp
- salad dressing or mayonnaise
- 1 ½ -2 lb
- 85% lean ground beef (chuck)
- 1-2 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp
- a.1 steaksauce
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground sea salt
- 1 tsp
- montreal steak seasoning (25% less sodium)
- 1/2 Tbsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- prebaked small square or round dinner or slider rolls
How to Make Down-Home Pimento-Cheese Sliders
- 1Make Pimento Cheese: Mix cheddar cheese, cream cheese, cayenne pepper, pimentos, and salad dressing or mayo in bowl until combined. Stick this mixture into your refrigerated (if you can) while you are making up your slider patties.
- 2Make patties: Combine beef, Worcestershire sauce and A.1. Steaksauce, sea salt, Montreal Steak Seasoning,and ground pepper in large bowl and gently knead until well combined. Divide the meat into 24 small thin patties.
- 3Stuff patties: Take approximately a teaspoonful of the Pimento Cheese and place it smack dab in the middle of the 12 prepared hamburger halves. Pull up the sides of the burger to make a cheese pocket that will help to keep the yummy cheese from getting out. Take the other burger halves and cover the burger making sure to completely encompass the Pimento Cheese. Note, you will have some leftover to use as a finish for your sliders.
- 4Cook Sliders: Place burgers onto a well heated grill (indoors or out) and cook until desired doneness (well -done is 170 degrees).
- 5Toast the slider rolls or buns: While the sliders are cooking. If using dinner rolls, cut in half to make a top and bottom for your burger. Place on baking pan and broil until they are nice and golden brown, being careful to watch them closely as you don't want them to burn.
- 6Putting Slider together: When burgers are done, place them on top of the bottom halves of the toasted dinner rolls and add a rounded small scoop (small cookie scoop worked great) of the leftover Pimento Cheese spread; place tops on and tent with foil and let them rest for 5 minutes and watch them disappear!