Cottage Cheese Chive Mix ( Mieszanka )
In Polish my mom called this: "mieszanka", which literally means "a mixture".
Lately I have been experimenting with putting different spices in it, to see how it alters the flavor. Paprika and curry do nicely; experiment yourself and see what you come up with!
I hope you enjoy!
- cottage cheese, large curd, 12 oz
- 3 Tbsp
- sour cream
- salt to taste (a few dashes will do)
- chives, bunch
- 3 slice
- bread (polish rye, or vienna / italian loaves are a good choice)
How to Make Cottage Cheese Chive Mix ( Mieszanka )
- 1Chop up about 3 or 4 stems of chives.
- 2Spoon cottage cheese into mixing bowl. Add sour cream, salt, and chives. Mix well.
- 3Taste! You may want more chives or more salt. After you try the original way, maybe you want to add more spices like pepper or garlic or anything else you like. The taste is rich and lovely. Enjoy it on some hearty bread!