- 6 large
- jalapeno or anaheim chile peppers
- 24 oz
- montery jack cheese, grated
- 8 oz
- cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 large
- 2 c
- evaporated milk
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/3 bunch
- fresh cilantro, leaves only
- 1 tsp
- ground cumin
How to Make CHILI RELLENOS QUICK & EASY (SALLYE)
- 1Preheat oven to 350º.
Lightly oil or spray a 9" x 9" or 9" x 13" baking dish.
- 2Remove stems from cilantro and place leaves in food processor
Add clove of garlic to food processor
Pulse until finely diced
- 3Wash chiles and pat dry.
Cut in half and remove seeds and veins.
Cut into pieces about 1-1/2" square
- 4Layer bottom of baking dish with 1/2 of the chile squares.
Sprinkle half the cheese mixture over the chiles.
- 5In small mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, flour, salt, cumin, garlic and cilantro until smooth batter is formed.
Pour batter over top of cheese and chiles.
- 6Bake for 45-50 minutes until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden brown.