CHEVRE-PECAN BALLS (SALLYE)
Try them, I think they will become a staple on your appetizer list.
Note: The cook time is for toasting the pecans
1 lbchèvre (goat cheese)
1 Tbspdark chili powder
2 Tbspagave nectar
1 pinchfresh ground black pepper
INGREDIENTS FOR COATING
1/2 lbtoasted pecans
2 Tbspspanish tarragon
How to Make CHEVRE-PECAN BALLS (SALLYE)
- PREPARING THE COATING:
Toast the pecans for 10 minutes in a preheated 300º oven. Remove from oven and set aside to cool***
Place fresh chives, parsley leaves, tarragon and mint leaves in food processor and pulse until finely minced.
- When pecans are cool, place in clean food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Transfer pecans, chives, parsley, mint and tarragon to a medium mixing bowl and stir with wooden spoon until well blended.
Set bowl aside in a convenient place.
- PREPARING THE CHEESE:
Place a large piece of parchment or waxed paper on a baking sheet.
- In another glass mixing bowl, blend the chèvre, chili powder and agave nectar together; add the salt and pepper and continue to blend with wooden spoon until smooth and creamy.
- Pinch off about 1/8 to 1/4 cup of cheese and roll between your palms until a nice even ball is formed.
Place in pecan mixture and roll around until ball is covered. Gently press the pecan mixture into the cheese mixture and place balls on parchment paper.
- Continue making balls until you have used all the cheese and pecan mixture.
- Place baking sheet in fridge for an hour or so to give the cheese time to firm up again. Can be left in fridge overnight without harm.
- When ready to serve, place on nice decorative platter over a bed of romaine or other greenery.