Vegan Jalapeno Poppers
They are so easy to make and are a great snack for your game-day or Superbowl party.
They're even more delicious when served with a little raspberry jelly on the side.
How to Make Vegan Jalapeno Poppers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat small skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Crumble the sausage into the pan, making sure to break it up into small pieces. Cook until brown and beginning to crisp. Put sausage into a bowl and set aside.
- Rinse and dry jalapenos. DO NOT CUT OFF STEM END. Cut in half lengthwise from top. Scoop out the seeds and ribs inside the pepper. Test to see if the halves will lay flat without tipping to one side. If they do lean, use knife to carefully shave some of the outer skin and flesh from the bottom of the jalapeno so that it will stand upright. Be careful not to cut through to the inside of the pepper.
- Add cream cheese, shredded cheese and chile powder to browned sausage. Mix well.
- Spoon 1/2 to 1 Tbsp. of cream cheese mixture into each jalapeno half (or enough to fill them). Set filled jalapeno halves on baking sheet. Sprinkle each half with enough bread crumbs to lightly cover the cheese.
- Bake for 15 - 12 minutes, or until peppers are somewhat soft, cheese is melted and breadcrumbs are lightly browned. Serve immediately.