Tomato and Eggplant Topping for Bruschetta
1 ptcherry tomatoes, cut in half then quarter each half.
·note: you may use 2 large tomatoes, that have been seeded and diced small instead.
1 czucchini, small dice
1/4 conion, small diced
2 Tbspred wine vinegar
1 Tbspolive oil
1 clovegarlic, minced
·salt and pepper to taste
1 tspor so, fresh minced basil, thyme and/or oregano as desired
1/4 cslivered almonds, toasted, optional
How to Make Tomato and Eggplant Topping for Bruschetta
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Poke holes in the skin of the eggplant with a fork. Bake of a baking sheet 20-25 minutes or until tender. Cool completely.
- While eggplant is cooling, quarter tomatoes, dice onion and zucchini and place in a medium bowl.
- Mix together vinegar, olive oil, sugar and garlic and set aside.
- When eggplant is cooled completely, peel and dice. (You can usually just pull the eggplant skin off without much work)
Add to the tomato mixture.
- Add vinegar and oil mixture and gently toss to coat .
- Add herbs if desired.