Tomato and Eggplant Topping for Bruschetta
- 1 medium
- 1 pt
- cherry tomatoes, cut in half then quarter each half.
- note: you may use 2 large tomatoes, that have been seeded and diced small instead.
- 1 c
- zucchini, small dice
- 1/4 c
- onion, small diced
- 2 Tbsp
- red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2-3 tsp
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp
- or so, fresh minced basil, thyme and/or oregano as desired
- 1/4 c
- slivered almonds, toasted, optional
How to Make Tomato and Eggplant Topping for Bruschetta
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Poke holes in the skin of the eggplant with a fork. Bake of a baking sheet 20-25 minutes or until tender. Cool completely.
- 2While eggplant is cooling, quarter tomatoes, dice onion and zucchini and place in a medium bowl.
- 3Mix together vinegar, olive oil, sugar and garlic and set aside.
- 4When eggplant is cooled completely, peel and dice. (You can usually just pull the eggplant skin off without much work)
Add to the tomato mixture.
- 5Add vinegar and oil mixture and gently toss to coat .
- 6Add herbs if desired.