Focaccia Red Pepper & Onion
5 call-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
2 Tbspolive oil
1 cwarm water 110-115 degrees
1-2 cshaved Parmesan reggiano cheese
2whole red peppers sliced
2onions, vidalia, peeled and sliced thin
IT'S BEST IF ALL THE INGREDIENTS ARE MEASURED IN THE BEGINNING AND SET ASIDE
How to Make Focaccia Red Pepper & Onion
- Take egg out of fridge and let it get to room temperature.
- Take water, honey, yeast and place into stand mixer- let yeast foam.
- Add olive oil to water.
Add 1 cup out of your 5 cups of flour and use the paddle to mix until well incorporated.
- Switch to kneading hook and add the rest of the flour - knead for about 8 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place dough on a smooth floured surface - form into a ball.
- Spray a bowl with cooking spray and cover.
- In the meantime sauté peppers and onions with a little bit of olive oil salt n pepper while dough rises.
- When pizza has risen about 45 minutes take it a punch down roll onto your board form back into a ball and allow to rise again bowl let it rise again.
- Cover your hands with flour, grab the piece of dough. My suggestion from experience is that you should have it and on floured surface start punching down the dough. When you see the dough is pliable, start using your hands. I come from underneath start to stretch the dough out for outward into a rectangular shape. Add a little corn meal or semolina flour to your pizza peel and stretch your pizza, or roll it out to your desired shape & place on the pizza peel.
- Take a little olive oil with a brush and lightly brush the surface of the dough.
- Add the lightly sautéed onions and peppers and spread evenly across the cross leaving a little room on the edge for the crust.
- Take your cheese and sprinkle it lightly all over the top of the peppers and the onions until well covered. Sometimes I even put a little extra :-)
- Bake on convection roast at 550° for about 10 minutes rotating once halfway through.