Watermelon Scallop Ceviche
Please serve with Rice Crackers or Flat breads....Found at National Watermelon Promotion Board - posted for Culinary Quest.
Please note: cook time is refrigeration time .
- cup pureed watermelon (blend watermelon, strain, reserve juice)
- cup fresh lime juice
- tablespoons parsley, minced
- tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- tablespoon premium vodka (optional)
- tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- teaspoon ground black pepper, freshly ground (or to taste)
- lb sea scallops (fresh, sushi grade)
How to Make Watermelon Scallop Ceviche
- 1Mix together all of the ingredients except the scallops in a glass serving bowl.
- 2Slice the scallops into 1/4-inch thick “coins” and drop into the dressing.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, then serve with rice crackers or crispy flat bread.