Surf and Turf Poppers
But they are great enough to be the main attraction. I've baked them in the oven on rainy days and the smells that fills the house is wonderful and always brings folks to the kitchen to find out "what's cookin' ".
Sweet scallops on top of seasoned cream cheese, and blanketed in bacon.... you can almost taste it!
I hope you all make and enjoy these all year round!
- 6 large
- jalapenos, fresh
- 3 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp
- 3 oz
- sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 tsp
- tones citrus grill seasoning
- 1/2 tsp
- old bay seasoning
- 24 small
- bay scallops
- 6 slice
- bacon, sliced in half
How to Make Surf and Turf Poppers
- 2This will give you an idea of the size of peppers I use. After seeding and trimming the "veins" off - the peppers are not hot, just flavorful. If you do get a hot bite it will be closest to the stem where there may be pieces of veins or seeds.
And hey - if you like a little heat don't trim the veins so close to the skin and leave a few seeds... either way you'll be happy (:
- 8Place on prepared grill or in oven at 350 degrees until bacon is firmed and thoroughly cooked.
I cooked these while smoking some ribs which added some amazing flavor.
The bacon will render while cooking - drain the grease while cooking, and your peppers will be cooked until tender-firm and not soggy.