- 1 lb
- firm fish fillet (frozen ok)
- 1 lb
- broccoli florets (frozen ok)
- 2 clove
- 1 large
- red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 large
- green bell pepper
- 1 bunch
- green onions (about 6)
- 8 oz
- shitake or porcini mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 3 c
- vegetable stock
- 1 c
- dry white wine
- 1 c
- arborio rice
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp
- ground black pepper
How to Make ROCKIN' RISOTTO (SALLYE)
1. Dice partially frozen fish fillets into bite sized pieces and set aside
2. Cut peppers in half, remove core, seeds and membrane. Place in food processor
3. Peel garlic cloves and place in food processor
3. Pulse until coarse chopped, and set aside
- 21. Peel outer layer from green onions, cut into thin pieces and set aside
2. Gently brush mushrooms with damp paper towel and cut into slices, set aside
3. Chop cilantro and set aside
Place stock in medium saucepan over medium high heat and bring to a boil. You probably won't use it all, but start with the entire 3 cups to simmer.
Turn heat down low enough to just keep stock barely simmering
- 4Place oil in a heavy skillet or saucepan over medium high heat.
- 5When shimmering, add the oinions, garlic and bell pepper. Cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add the rice to the veggie mix and cook for 1 minute/
Stir constantly until well coated in oil and beginning to turn golden.
- 7Add the mushrooms, the wine and 1 cup of the stock mixture to the rice mixture.
Bring to a boil, stirring, then simmer for 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir frequently.
- 8Add another cup of stock mixture and cook for 15 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- 9Add the fish and the remaining stock, and cook for 5 minutes until the rice is cooked but firm to the bite.
If mixture becomes too dry, add 1/4 cup of stock. Rice should be creamy, not dry.
- 10Place thawed broccoli in microwave safe bowl with 1 tablespoon of water and cook for 3-4 minutes until al dente..
- 11Drain broccoli and add to the risotto mix along with the cilantro.
Season with black pepper.
- 12NOTE: tHE SECRET TO GOOD RISOTTO IS TO KEEP ADDING JUST ENOUGH LIQUID TO KEEP IT CREAMY AND TO STIR AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.