Mini Crawfish (or Shrimp) Pies
- bread cups (see recipe below)
- 2 lb
- louisiana frozen crawfish tails with fat, or cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1 stick
- 2 medium
- onions, chopped fine
- 3 stalk(s)
- celery, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp
- chives or green onions, fresh or dried
- salt and black pepper - to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic, minced
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- 1 jar(s)
- 15oz cheez-whiz
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce (lea & perrin's)
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 2 dash(es)
- paprika - for color
- 1 1/4 c
- italian bread crumbs
- paprika or chopped parsley, fresh or dried for garnish
How to Make Mini Crawfish (or Shrimp) Pies
- 5Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl and add bread crumbs. Mix well and let sit to allow bread crumbs to expand. The mixture needs to be fairly thick so it won't fall down your shirt when you take the first bite of the mini crawfish pie.
- 6Check the mixture and add more bread crumbs if needed, stir and set aside.
- 7If you planned ahead and already have your bread cups made, then pop them back into the mini muffin pan and set aside, pour yourself a drink and put your feet up. Otherwise, get started making those bread cups.
Sourdough Mini Appetizer Cups
- 9*NOTE: Before baking, crawfish pies can be frozen then put into a Zip-Lock bag and kept frozen until ready to serve.
From frozen bake at 350* F for 25 minutes until hot.
- 10*TIP: Alternate method for dough cups - Instead of making bread cups, you can use Pillsbury's pre-made pie crusts (2 crusts) in freezer section of the grocery, or you can make your own fabulous homemade pie crust. Use a cookie cutter to cut rounds that will form a cup when put into a mini muffin pan. Bake for 10 minutes then fill with crawfish mixture. Bake for another 10 minutes to heat through.
If you don't want to make mini crawfish pies - use this filling to make one full size pie with a top and bottom crust.
If you can't get crawfish, use shrimp or crab meat in place of crawfish. Add crab meat last so it stays together better.