Maple Dijon Scallops
3green onions, finely sliced
1 lbbay scallops
1 1/4 cheavy cream
2 1/2 Tbspdijon mustard, stone ground
2 1/2 Tbsppure maple syrup (the real stuff!!! no pancake syrup!
1/4 tsprosemary, dried, minced
How to Make Maple Dijon Scallops
- Sauté bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels, chop into bits and set aside.
- Pour off all but about 2 tablespoons of grease. Add butter to skillet. Add white parts only of the green onions (set the green part aside for garnish). Sauté over medium heat 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add drained scallops to skillet and heat through, about 4-5 minutes. Remove scallops from pan into a bowl.
- Add cream to scallop broth in pan and simmer about 10 minutes to reduce, stirring frequently. Add mustard, maple syrup, Rosemary and the juice from the bottom of the bowl of scallops. Simmer another 3-4 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add scallops into broth. Garnish with green onions and chopped bacon. Serve immediately.