Lump Crabmeat Au Gratin/Dip II
1/2 smallonion, chopped fine
2 tspgarlic, minced
1 lblump crabmeat
1 Tbspall purpose flour
4 ozmonterey jack cheese, cubed
4 ozphiladelphia cream cheese
3/4 chalf & half
1/2 tspwhite pepper
1/2 tspcayenne pepper
1 bunchgreen onions, sliced thin
3/4 - 1 ccheddar or colby jack cheese, shredded
1 - 2baguettes, diagonally sliced
1 - 2 stickbutter, melted
2 tsppowdered or granulated garlic
1 Tbspdried chopped parsley
·finely grated parmigiano reggiano
How to Make Lump Crabmeat Au Gratin/Dip II
- Preheat oven 350° F.
Microwave onions and garlic in microwave safe bowl with just a little water for about 3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
Completely drain the liquid and set aside.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
Add crabmeat and sauté about 3 minutes being careful not to break up crabmeat.
Scoop out crab meat and add to onions. Leave the liquid in the skillet.
- Reduce heat to low and stir flour into the crab/butter liquid until well blended.
- Add Monterey Jack cheese and cream cheese; stir until cheeses are completely melted.
- Increase heat to medium and add Half & Half, salt, pepper & cayenne, stirring continuously until mixture begins to boil.
Remove from heat immediately.
- Fold in onions and crab meat, being careful not to break up crabmeat.
- Pour into 6 individual buttered Ramekins or into a buttered 9 x 9 shallow casserole dish.
- Sprinkle top with green onions, then top with shredded cheese.
If serving as a dip, make the garlic bread now.
- Put the bread slices on a baking sheet lined with foil.
Combine melted butter and granulated garlic then liberally brush on one side of the baguette slices. Sprinkle lightly with parsley and grated parmesan cheese.
- Put dip in the oven on lower rack and garlic bread on the top rack. Bake for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and dip is hot and bubbly, and garlic bread is toasted.