Iris, Buffalo Fried Shrimp
1/2 cbuffalo hot sauce
2 tspwhole grain spicy mustard
1 tspdill pickle, heaping
1 tspminced shallots, heaping
1 Tbspchopped fresh parsley
·peanut oil to deep fry
1 cap flour
1 clager beer
2 lblarge shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
2 stalk(s)celery, sliced thin, diagonal
How to Make Iris, Buffalo Fried Shrimp
- Mix the mayo, 1/4 cup of the hot sauce, mustard, pickle, shallots, and parsley in a small bowl, cover & refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Heat 2 inches of oil in a large wide pot over medium high heat until thermometer reads 365.
- Whisk flour, beer, and remaining hot sauce in a large bowl, and toss to coat. Working in batches, remove shrimp from batter with slotted spoon.
- Fry until golden brown,2-3 minutes, making sure oil returns to 365 between batches, shrimp will be golden brown.
- Add celery slices to remaing batter, fry 2-3 minutes. Serve with fried shrimp and sauce.